Saturday, November 19, 2011

A couple of notes regarding Unity vs. Gnome2.x

Hello,

Tried 11.04 and 11.10.

In a nutshell, : DISLIKE. 

It's the Desktop Environment that I dislike.  With gnome 2.x you could customize pretty much everything, including the panels. With Unity, the customization is severerly limited, and until they include the customizability I want, I'll be staying with gnome 2.x.  I also tried Gnome 3.0, and had the same problems.  I want my computer displayed HOW I WANT IT with stuff WHERE I WANT IT.  Both Unity and Gnome3 cause problems with that and don't offer "out of the box" solutions.  So I'm waiting until they give Unity the customizability that gnome2.x had before I upgrade.  And yes, I know about booting into GDM 2.x, but I'd rather just have that as my default DM. 

No comments:

Post a Comment